Monday, April 6, 2009

Dark Lilith Immortal



Dark Lilith Immortal

I was created by the same hand that created Adam. We, both of us, were formed from the very soil that stood beneath our feet. And we were given but one rule to obey, eat not from the fruits of knowledge and immortality from the trees that were encircled by a meadow, at the center of our paradise.

All was good until we lay in consummation, still with our innocent naivete in tact. Adam refused to lay with me if I did not allow him to lay above. I refused, wishing to know what kind of pleasure would come from being above. So our union remained unconsummated. Because of this I became embittered, for when our creator returned to us, he took the side of Adam and bade me to lay beneath him.

Again, I refused and ran away only to find myself amongst the luscious fruited trees that were decreed as forbidden. Bitterly, I plucked a fruit from each tree and consumed them. They were like ambrosia that melted new understanding within my mouth and tingled a new awareness upon my lips. But my creator found me, still with the juices of the succulent fruit upon my mouth. He chastised me for my disobedience, but his words held no meaning for me, any longer.

I spoke his most ancient and secret of names and was given wings of flames upon which I could rise and escape my Eden sanctuary, that I now saw as my prison. And so I left with angels at my heels demanding my return with taunts and threats of retribution. But I was beyond their exhalted touch by then, as well. They could not halt my departure.

I was enraged, for I was the equal of Adam but less than he in the eyes of my creator. So I escaped to an arid land without vegetation, filled with a salty air that permeated all within its vacinity. There in laid a body of water, by the place where I made my home, which had large pillars of salt that rose from its eternal depths. And in my exploration of my new home, I came across a tribe of nomadic beings who appeared to be some form of human, but unlike myself. They welcomed me without reservation and I joined them. Time seemed to stand still as I began to produce my progeny, my lineage of descendants. Here I thought I was free from the treads that bound me to my creator. But alas, to my everlasting regret, my joy was short lived, for my creator's hands stretched out further than I could have fathomed. And in horror, I watched on helplessly as my creator declared war upon me and mine by the slaughter of my innocent children. But still when his angelic minions came to demand my return, I refused.

Instead, I turned my back on He Who Had Made Me and swore vengence upon his sacred people. I hid from the rays of his sight to emerge in darkness and take to the wind. And from then on, I stole from my creator that which he had taken from me, the living breath from his ordained children of Israel. I was branded Demoness and Harlot, and I was seen as the consort of the fallen angel, Lucifer. And then my creator shamed me further by condemning me to be forgotten through the ages of old.

He took from Adam a rib and molded it into my likeness, my replacement. She was called Eve, the mother of humanity and the supplicant of Adam. But like me before her, she ate from the forbidden fruit and condemned them both by convincing Adam to join her.

They were cast out of Eden's paradise in shame and Eve was brought to bear great pain in the course of producing her lineage. And then, by the hands of her eldest son, her youngest son was brought to his end of days through jealousy. And my hands were tainted red with Able's blood along side my embittered pawn, Cain. For you see, I was the serpent of seduction that brought Eve to the forbidden fruit and I was the instigator of death that wielded Cain's hands. The great innocence of humanity was done and so my creator left them to the free will of their own fates, to live or to perish.

I dwell now within the ancient ruins of the Great Roman Empire, my place of rest buried far beneath the ground. But unlike the fate of Eve's lineage, who evolved with the singular gifts of the tree of knowledge, I have tasted immortality, as well as, knowledge. And so I shall remain until the end of eternity bound to my flesh and barren of life. And I will wander in flight upon wings of fire that are kissed by the aura of the night's wind in search of redemption or retribution, from which I do not know.

Let my voice be heard, my story known, my words understood, and my name remembered, for I am the dark immortal sister of Eve, she who would not submit. And I am the blood moon from which your story began. Call upon me in your rites of passion and your times of retribution and I will bless your chosen course.

No comments:

Post a Comment